Monday, August 25, 2008

Welcome Back Students

Today is the first day of class. I was very ready for classes to get started. There is such a "lead up" to this day that it is often a relief to have it finally here. However, I forgot about what usually happens to our computers on this very busy, first day of classes. Of course I could not send any emails nor could I access one of my folders. I have become very dependent on my email. I have to say that I was very lost and a little unsure about what I should be doing if I could not answer my email. Thankfully this was a temporary setback and all is well in my computer world once again.

Campus is drastically different when students are here. The summer is much quieter in terms of student traffic. This also corresponds to traffic in Fayetteville in general. Once fall semester begins, the roads are more congested and campus is teeming with life. I love it (okay, I don't like the crowded streets but I love it when the students come back to campus). I get such a charge out of the excitement and the energy that students have.

With classes underway, I will soon hit the road. I will be visiting several undergraduate institutions to recruit for our graduate programs. I will post my travel schedule soon. Be sure to come and visit me if I am coming to your campus. I would love to meet you.

No comments: