Monday, January 25, 2010

Wow, Where Have I Been?!

Okay, I just realized that I have not posted in over a week. That has to be a record for me and I feel really bad about it. So I guess I don't really need to say I've been busy - very busy, but let's get caught up.

PhD application deadline was Friday, January 15th. Last week we ran like crazy to get all of the files ready for the Departments to pick up by Friday, the 22nd. Last year we received a total of 172 PhD applications. By Friday, we had already received over 200. We will still continue to accept them until all Departments have filled their spots so I am anticipating a nice little increase over last year. Believe me, by last Friday, I was really feeling it.

Our next deadline is Master of Information Systems on February 1. This week my focus will be working these files. When I "work" a file, I look to see what is missing and then I notify the student. The goal is to have as many complete folders as possible. We are also moving toward a paperless admissions review process. All incoming admissions materials are being scanned into an online data system. Our admissions committees have access to this system. This is adding a step to the file prep process which will be good in the end, but for now, it's really keeping me on my toes.

The new MBA class has gotten off to a great start. Orientation was amended due to inclement weather but the semester got off without a hitch. This is their third week of class. Early decision deadline for the MBA class that will begin next January is April 1. For those of you contemplating the Walton MBA, if you are wanting to be in the running for financial funding, you definitely need to complete the application process by April 1. You can find our application requirements at http://gsb.uark.edu/admissions.asp.

Upcoming events:

January 26 - we will be at Georgia Tech at an MBA America Tour event. Visit the website for details - www.mbaamericatour.com.

February 3 - MBA America Tour at Houston-University of Houston

February 4 - MBA America Tour at Dallas-University of Texas-Dallas

February 9 - MBA America Tour at Chicago-University of Illinois-Chicago

February 10 - MBA America Tour at Kansas City - event location change from Crowne Plaza to Hyatt Regency.

February 17 - Walmart ISD - room 103, 11:00-12:30

February 23 - Career Fair at the Sam M. Walton College of Business

No comments: