Friday, June 17, 2011

Yippee for vacation

It is late Friday afternoon and I am off next week. Can you tell I am excited? One would think that things slow down in a university office during the summer and one would be wrong. We have been very busy. This summer I am working on redoing our brochures. Four to be exact. The goal is to have them done by September 1. I am not alone; my Assistant Dean, Marion, is in this mess with me.

My other "must do" this summer is to finish the MMBA class. Orientation is August 11-14. By August 5, I need 15 more students. Files are pouring in and these must be processed and taken to committee.

You may wonder what my plans are for next week. I hate to disappoint, but I am staying home, for the most part. Next Wednesday, June 22, is my 20th wedding anniversary. We are planning a big to-do. Afterwards, my kids will visit friends and family in Oklahoma while mom and dad enjoy a little alone time. I'll head over to pick them up on the 25th.

I have one more meeting today before I can officially be "off." This is a little humorous, or not depending on how you look at it, but I am never very far away or disconnected; if I didn't keep caught up with my email, I'd go stark raving mad when I got back.

I'll try to do something entertaining so that I have a great story to recount. More when I return.

No comments: