Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Let's Catch Up

Since my last post, quite a bit has happened. I attended the GMAC annual industry conference held in Chicago June 20-22. This is my opportunity to catch up on the latest trends in MBA programs and see old friends. As soon as I got back from this quick trip, my family headed off to the beach in Gulf Shores, Alabama. As we headed south, Debby was blowing of the coast. It was quite nerve wracking, not knowing what we would find when we arrived. We were very fortunate as Debby moved east. Unfortunately, those in Florida were not so lucky. I had a fantastic vacation. Here are a few pictures of beautiful Gulf Shores.




Upon my return to the office after the 4th of July Holiday, we immediately got to work processing MMBA applications. The admissions committee will meet this Friday to make decisions for the part-time MBA program. Over 40 applications will be reviewed. In April, 25 offers of admission were made. Our enrollment goal is 55. Anything over this number, is icing on the cake. Applications will continue to be received through the end of the month. Orientation is August 2-5 and is mandatory. The first class will be held August 25th.

IMAcc (Integrated Master of Accountancy) applications are also being processed. I am expecting decisions will be made next week. This program is for University of Arkansas students only and is designed to ease their transition into the Master of Accountancy.

The next few weeks will be very busy. The Orientation schedule is as follows:
MMBA-August 2-5
MIS/Professional MIS-August 13
MAcc-August 14-15
IMAcc/PhD-August 16

Classes begin on August 20th. I will also be traveling to Las Vegas August 14-16 to attend the ALPFA conference.

I also want to welcome our new Dean, Eli Jones. Dean Jones come to us from LSU. The Walton College is very excited about this new era. Great things are anticipated.

No comments: