Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Goodbye, all

It is with mixed feelings that I write this last post to the GSB Admissions Blog. After over 6 1/2 years, tomorrow, July 3rd, will be my last day with the Walton GSB. I began this incredible journey on December 1, 2006. It's been the ride of a lifetime.

I have accepted a new position on campus. My daughter, Zoey, and I will be heading off on an adventure, and then upon my return, I'll begin my new role on July 22nd. I am looking forward to the new challenge.

If you were to ask me, "Where do you want to go more than anyplace in the world?" My response would have been, "ITALY!". On July 9th, Zoey and I are off to Rome. From Rome, we'll go to Venice and then to Florence. While we're in Florence, we'll visit the Tuscan region, Pisa, and the Cinque Terre. To say that I am excited doesn't do justice to what I am feeling.

I have thoroughly loved working with prospective graduate students over the last few years. I believe strongly in higher education, and it has been a  privilege to play a role in this process.

Please continue to direct questions to gsb@walton.uark.edu. I wish you all the best with your future endeavors.

1 comment:

edu said...

Thank you for leading this blog, Dr. Smith. Best of luck with all!

Friends from USGradPrep.com