Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Hello, San Diego

Deb and I have safely arrived in San Diego for the GMAC annual industry conference. This is our chance to learn what is new in the MBA world. We get our batteries recharged and come back with some great ideas.

I have never been to San Diego and it is a beautiful city. When we left Fayetteville, we were experiencing a heat wave - tempertures in the 90's. In San Diego, it is in the 70's. This is the view from the balcony of my room. Yes, my room has a balcony. I am not sure how I ranked this but I am not complaining. You can see the sail boat bobbing by. It just doesn't get any better than this.



Here is another view from my balcony. I may never leave. Talk about small world. When we arrived at our hotel, as we were checking in, a large group walked by. They were with a different conference. Amazingly, I saw one of our MBA graduates from 2007. What are the odds? And even more bizarre, he's actually from Northwest Arkansas. We just ended up on the West coast in the same hotel at the same time. Twilight Zone moment.

The conference gets kicked off tomorrow. I am looking forward to seeing some old friends and to gaining some new insights.

No comments: