Monday, July 12, 2010

What a Tremendous Success

I am happy, happy, happy. Our events last Friday were tremendously successful. We began the evening with an MBA Open House. The weather was not cooperating and there was some concern about attendance. Apparently the rain can't keep you away because we had nearly 30 in attendance. It was a great group. See for yourselves.

Our Third Annual MBA Summer Social was held at Powerhouse Seafood in conjunction with the Open House. Newly admitted, current, and former Walton MBA students got the Social kicked off. When we were finished with the Open House, prospective students joined them. Several MBA faculty were also in attendance. Nearly 90 signed the guest book.

I am thrilled by the turnout and the success of the events. The next opportunity will be in October and it will be for all master's degree programs. Stay tuned for more details later.

On a personal note, I picked my daughter up from camp on Saturday. She was gone for two weeks. I was very glad to see her. She and I then went to see Eclipse that afternoon and then she, Jack, and I saw Despicable Me yesterday. Both were good and it was time well spent. All in all, a great weekend.

No comments: