Thursday, November 18, 2010

Holidays are approaching

I have to say that I approach this time of year with mixed emotions. I truly enjoy the holiday season. Fayetteville is beautiful right now. The leaves are still very colorful. Within the next few days the Lights of the Ozarks will begin. Festivities are kicked off with a Parade. Visit http://www.fayettevilleflyer.com/2010/11/15/lights-of-the-ozarks-parade-and-lighting-ceremony-set-for-saturday/ for full details. While I do love this time of year, things can get hectic.

My travel is finished for the semester. I am attending the RLUG meeting this afternoon in Rogers. RLUG stands for RetailLink Users Group. I am looking forward to talking to this group about the Walton Managerial MBA.

I will be taking some time off Thanksgiving week. My mother and my sister and her family will be coming to my house for Thanksgiving dinner. I need to get my house clean and get everything ready for company. I also need to make the final run to the store. Here is where the hectic part comes in. My daughter's (Zoey) basketball season has begun. She is playing in a tournament this week. We played in the first game last Saturday and they won. They play their second game tonight. If they win again, she'll play on Saturday. Did I mention that this tournament was in Berryville, about an hour away? Good times. I do love basketball season but it can be exhausting. Typically there are a couple of games each week, at least.

Before we know it, the Christmas holidays will be upon us. The students are gearing up for their finals and are counting down the days to the end of the semester. Dead day (no classes) is on December 8 and finals begin on December 9. After this semester is behind them, they will only have one semester left. They can definitely see the light at the end of the tunnel.

The next MBA class will begin in January, only two months away. I do have a couple of late applicants who are trying to get everything submitted to begin with this next class. It looks like we may be reviewing a few more files.

So, there is quite a bit going on right now. My kids are out of school next week - yippee. My time off will be spent entertaining kids. I am looking forward to spending some time with them. I am sure we'll take in a movie or two.

I'll try to check in over the holiday break. The University is closed November 25 and 26. I'll be in and out between now and then.

5 comments:

Sam Kiranga said...

Hi Rebel my name is Sam, I am a Kenyan Actuarial Science graduate planning on joining the Sam M Walton School of Business next year to study the MBA course. Could you kindly assist me to understand your admission schedule. I was planning on starting the course next year. Is it too late to apply for that and if not what do you suggest I must do?

Rebel Smith, Ed.D. said...

Sam, our MBA program only begins in January. It is too late for January 2011. Apply by April 1, 2011 for the class that will begin in January 2012. You can find our application requirements at http://gsb.uark.edu. Let me know if you need anything else. Rebel

Sam Kiranga said...

Thanks. I'll apply for January 2012.
I also wanted to know if Kenya is considered an English speaking country hence exempting me from sending TOEFL results.

Rizwan said...

I shall try my best to get admission over there its good opportunity for me


Pegasos World turkey

Rebel Smith, Ed.D. said...

Kenya is considered an English speaking country and you would be exempt from TOEFL if English is your native language. Rebel