Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas Everyone

Ho Ho Ho. Santa will be coming to my house tonight. At least that is what my 4 year old son is thinking. Soon I will not be able to say, "You better be good. Santa is watching."

On Friday I took him to the Fayetteville square to enjoy the Christmas lights and to ride the ponies. This time of year is truly joyous in Fayetteville. The downtown square is lit with lights and children with their families are running around. The square is lit in November and the holiday season kicks off with a parade. My family has already made numerous trips through the square, both by car and foot. This event is called The Lights of the Ozarks.

My 11 year old even enjoys it. She is too big for the pony rides this year. This is a sad occasion for mom. She has had a pony ride (every year) during the Lights of the Ozarks. Well, my son still has a few years left to ride the ponies.


If you are not into pony rides, there is also the carriage. Who wouldn't enjoy a beautiful carriage ride during the Christmas season around the Historic Downtown Square?

These lights remain up through the New Year. Fayetteville is a wonderful town. This is just another example of its beauty.

No comments: