Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Holidays in the Ozarks

I haven't written anything in awhile. Shame on me. I have all kinds of lame excuses but it just comes down to poor time management on my part. My kids are out of school this week for Thanksgiving break. This means that I have been home with them. This last Saturday was the holiday parade on the Square in Fayetteville. The Lights of the Ozarks are now ablaze. If you've never visited the Square during this time of year, you have to add it to your "must-do" list. They have carriage rides, pony rides, and you can even ride a camel - if that is something on your "must-do" list. It's a beautiful time of year here and my kids love going to the Square in the evening to see the festivities.

This last weekend I made 2 trips to the movie theater. On Saturday, my daughter and I went to see New Moon. We got there over an hour early and there was already a line (not to buy tickets, they were already sold out for most of the show times that afternoon, this line was just to get into the theater). The line stretched from the ticket taker's kiosk all the way to the entrance of the theater; it then curled around and nearly made a circle - it ended up looking like a U. I even ran into 2 of our MBA students there.

On Sunday the entire family went to see Blind Side. The theater was packed for this movie as well. It was a great weekend for movies. Since my kids are out of school this week, we have been spending afternoons at the Boys and Girls Club. Zoey has her first basketball game next Wednesday. It made me nervous that she wasn't going to have practice for a week and then go back to school and have her first game. We go to the club so she can do a little shooting and then she and Jack go swimming.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. I'll be back in the office next Monday.

No comments: