Monday, November 2, 2009

Crazy weekend, crazier week ahead

I promised that I would share Halloween photos today but I left my camera at home. I have some very cute photos of a red Power Ranger and a devil. I'll try to remember to post some when I get home tonight.



Friday I took my kids to the Fayetteville town square for trick or treating. It was a very popular destination; it was very crowded. My daughter had a birthday party that evening so I dropped her off for that and then had to go back to get her at 11:00. Ugh. Saturday was truly beautiful in Northwest Arkansas. My family got up and spent the morning running errands. Our first stop was Rick's Bakery for some breakfast. I have mentioned Rick's several times before. It is a definite "must" on your to-do list. Zoey was staying the night with friends so we dropped her off before we headed back home to get our Power Ranger dressed and ready to go trick or treating. Zoey is at the age where she goes out with friends on Halloween. This is the second year she has ditched us in favor of them. I am glad I still have many years left with Jack.



Saturday was also Homecoming here at the University of Arkansas. This was very tricky. We began watching the game at home, prior to trick or treating. Once we got in the car, we tuned our radio in to the game. We were able to get back home in time to watch the second half. As I have mentioned, I'll share some trick or treating photos tonight. I do have a photo that Stacy put on her blog of some of our crazy MBA students dressed in Snuggies for the game. Since they are super cute, I thought I'd share the pic. Here are Alisha Staggs, Stacy Carty, and Mikal Murders.



Yesterday the weather was also amazing. Jack and I rode bikes on the Scull Creek Trail. For a complete map of the bike/jogging trails in Fayetteville, go to: http://www.accessfayetteville.org/government/parks_and_recreation/documents/2009_Trails_Brochure.pdf. This trail is over 3 1/2 miles long. Since we drove to the end and parked, we ended up riding about 7 miles. My poor little boy couldn't even climb up into the truck when we were finished. We had a great time, though.

I will be out of the office tomorrow through Thursday. Tomorrow I will be at Philander Smith. On Wednesday I will be at University of Central Arkansas and on Thursday I will be at University of the Ozarks. I will be back in the office on Friday.

No comments: