Friday, October 30, 2009

MBA Update

We are currently expecting 41 students to join us in January. Applications are being accepted through the end of November. I would like to admit a few more as we do expect not all of the 41 will "show up." What do I mean by this? A student may accept our offer of admission and then change his or her mind; however, we are not always notified of this change of heart. Since several students are starting this program without funding (more than we have ever had before), we will not be surprised if one or two are not able to secure the financial resources needed.

In-state tuition for all three semesters is approximately $22,000 while out-of-state students will pay closer to $48,000. We feel as though the Walton MBA is a very secure investment since 88% of our 2009 graduates were placed 3 months post graduation.

The 41 students who have accepted our offer of admission have an average GMAT of 634 and they average over 4 years of work experience. If you are still contemplating joining the Walton MBA this coming January, we will accept completed applications through November 30. Your goal on the GMAT should be at least 600. I am currently working with 4 or 5 students who are in the process of applying. I would like to admit 2-3 more. My goal is to have 42 students begin in spring.

Next week will be incredibly busy for me. I will be in Little Rock at Philander Smith on Tuesday; on Wednesday I will be at University of Central Arkansas, and on Thursday, I will be at University of the Ozarks. I will not be in the office much. After this next week, all travel will be finished for the semester.

No comments: