Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Where did the weekend go?

Even though today is Tuesday, it is much more like Monday since the University was closed yesterday. Regarding admissions, things are definitely winding UP (NOT winding down). Let me tell you what is going on this week. Phone calls, emails, and requests for student appointments are pouring in. This is because the MBA application deadline AND the MAcc early decision deadline is next week, September 15. For me, after the Labor Day weekend, I pretty much hold on for dear life until mid-November. I posted the September recruiting schedule last week. In between the traveling, I meet with students and respond to emails and phone calls. I hope it doesn't sound like I am complaining. I thrive on this pace and it truly energizes me. I do tend to crash afterwards, though.

I am nearly finished with my scheduling for this semester. I am working with a few more current and former students to schedule corporate recruiting visits and I need to finish the fall numbers. My goal is to complete these tasks this week since I do hit the road next week.

The holiday weekend was beautiful in Fayetteville. The weather cooperated and the Hogs played exceptionally well, after that first series (and except for the interception, a fumble or two, and the incomplete pass that should have been a TD). Hopefully they have their jitters overcome and have worked out the kinks. Next Saturday the Razorbacks play Louisiana Monroe in Little Rock. This is an interesting and unique phenomenon. Home games are split between Fayetteville and Little Rock. Five games are played here and two are played in Little Rock. The next game to be played in Fayetteville is on September 25 against Alabama. This will be a huge game. Our pre-season ranking was #17. I do not know if that has changed after the first weekend of play. Razorback fans have a significant amount of hope this year. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: