Wednesday, January 21, 2009

It's a beautiful day in Fayetteville

It's almost 50 degrees and let me tell you, after so many days of freezing temperatures, it is much appreciated.



Okay, so Dave and Helen just stopped by my office. I was supposed to bring my camera to work today so we could take new photos for the web. Let me just confess now. I forgot the camera. I did, at one time this morning, have the camera in my hand. I then sat it beside my purse. You would think that this would ensure that I would have ended up leaving the house with it, right? Wrong. I then grabbed my purse and left the camera right where I had put it.

I should explain my morning routine. My daughter, Zoey, had to dress like a "geek" today. Yesterday was pajama day and today was geek day. I fixed her hair like the girl from Napoleon Dynamite. She put on pants that were too small and hiked them way up her waist. This is what I should have taken pictures of today. So, she was ready to go. Her daddy takes her to school and I get the pleasure of taking our 4-year old son. My morning typically consists of, "Jack - COME ON!" Trying to get this little boy out of the house in the morning is like herding cats.

Dave has already warned me that he was going to throw me under the bus again on his blog for forgetting the camera. This is like telling your mom first what you did, before she finds out on her own. I have already confessed my sin and I am sure you understand.

Back to what I was saying. It is a beautiful day in Fayetteville, AR today. Class just let out for our new MBA students. It is so exciting for me to see them milling around, chatting. We work so long to get them here and when they are finally here, it is very satisfying.

I'd love to see you here next year.

No comments: