Friday, January 30, 2009

Still trapped in ice

Yes, I am still without electricity. This means that at my house I have no lights, heat, hot water, internet connection, etc. We have taken a trip back in time and now I have a much better understanding of how my ancestors lived a couple hundred years ago. We even heated up water on the gas stove top for baths. Not very much fun.



I wanted to share more pictures with you of the damage and devestation. They are saying this is the worst ice storm we have ever had. This is a road right by Walker Hall on campus. I drove through here on my way to the office yesterday.


This is a picture of a crew working to clear the road.



This picture was taken not far from campus. Unfortunately, this was a fairly common site.


Another look at a neighborhood in Fayetteville.

Poor trees.









Even in the midst of destruction, there is beauty. The ice covered trees are beautiful.

No comments: