Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day of Class

It is now 3:45. I have been trying to write something all day. I do love the first day of class. It's a little chaotic and there's never anywhere to park but the energy is contagious. Traffic in town is also a little more congested.

I enjoyed this last weekend of peace. My son starts soccer practice next Saturday so the freedom and flexibility of the summer has come to an end. I do believe my husband and I have lost our minds because we have also signed Jack up for flag football and basketball. He has basketball tryouts (so they can evaluate skill level and divide into teams) in a couple of weeks. I haven't heard from the football coach yet but I am sure that will start soon too. Our daughter, Zoey, will have basketball games on Wednesday evenings and Saturday afternoons beginning in November. By then, Jack's sporting events should be finished. So, we'll go from shuttling him from practice to games to doing the same for her. Life sure can be complicated.

Today in the GSB, at least in the recruiting world, the Master of Accountancy (MAcc) seemed to be the program of the day. I met with several students regarding this degree program. I figured this would be a good time to stress a few key points regarding the MAcc. Early decision deadline is September 15 and the final application deadline is March 1. In the world of accounting, recruiting occurs in the fall. So that students can determine if they are going to graduate school or if they need to be finding a job, the early decision deadline has been implemented. If you apply by September 15, you will know by October 15 if you will be starting the MAcc next August. To learn more about this program, visit gsb.uark.edu/macc.asp and to learn more about our admissions requirements, visit gsb.uark.edu/admissions.asp.

September 15th is the next deadline for us and it is the early decision deadline for the Master of Accountancy and the final application deadline for the MBA. If you are considering either program, be sure all materials reach us by that date. Our mailing address is: 310 Willard J. Walker Hall, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR 72701.

No comments: