Thursday, August 6, 2009

Walton MBA student, Stacy Carty, is back from her Internship in Ireland

Stacy Carty, who began the Walton MBA in January, has recently returned from her summer internship in Dublin. She talks all about her experience on her blog. Check it out at: http://stacycarty.blogspot.com/. Stacy was the first student chosen to participate in this International Internship experience. Another Walton MBA student will be chosen next year. The application process will occur in the spring semester. I can't wait to see where our student will go next summer, and who will be selected. It may be someone not even admitted yet.

Final application deadline is September 15th and late applications will be accepted as space is available. The admissions committee will meet on September 23rd. All financial assistance will be awarded at this time. There are very few partial graduate assistantships (GA) left. Students who apply late will be self-funded.

I have to share how my evening went last night. As those of you know who follow this blog, I am a little bit of a fan (alright, a huge fan) of So You Think You Can Dance. Tonight is the season finale; the winner will be announced. Last night was the night that the final 4 competed. Well, Fayetteville had a thunderstorm. Not only did it rain, it rained hard and we had hail. I live on a hillside on the edge of town and cable TV is not available here. We have a satellite. Guess what happens to satellite TV during a storm. Yes, you are right, the satellite loses reception. I missed the first 45 minutes of the final competition. I was most displeased. I will count my blessings and be thankful that it came back on for the last hour and 15 minutes but I was just a little bit irritated. Tonight we learn who is crowned America's favorite dancer. I am so excited. Please don't rain tonight. The next season of So You Think You Can Dance actually starts next month. Woohoo.

No comments: