Thursday, September 3, 2009

Okay, I know I am Borderline Obsessed

Let me tell you how excited I was that there was a special on last night - the best dances from the five seasons of So You Think You Can Dance (SYTYCD). I am convinced that the network that broacasts SYTYCD and my satellite company (both will remain nameless but they know who they are) are conspiring against me. I curled up on my couch greatly anticipating getting to watch my favorite dancers again from all five seasons and guess, just guess, what happened. The sound and the video were slightly off and the video was very jerky. Then, with ten minutes left in the show, the station goes out completely. Now, if this had been the only time something like this had happened to me while I was watching this show, I would not think anything about it. But, and I am not exaggerating, although my husband does say that I do occasionally, I know of at least three other times that I experienced video difficulty during SYTYCD. On my frustration monitor this ranks right up there with when American Idol ran over announcing its season winner (between the two Davids) and the DVR recording ended before David Cook's last name was announced. Okay, even I have to admit that was pretty funny. Everyone who DVRed the season finale heard that the winner was......David, and that was it. End of recording.

Back to SYTYCD. The next season starts next week. Woohoo. I have watched this show since season two and I have noticed that the talent gets better each year. I am very excited about season 6. But you didn't know that, did you? I also DVRed Glee last night and am looking forward to watching it. I hope it is as hysterical as the advertisements have led me to believe it will be.

Not only is tomorrow Friday, but it is the Friday of a three day weekend. Labor Day is Monday, September 7th. The University of Arkansas will be closed that day. I am looking forward to doing as little as possible while still keeping my kids entertained. Busy kids make for a happy mom. Bored kids make for a grumpy, fussy mom. Also, tomorrow is a big football night for me and the kids. As long as the weather holds, we'll go watch the Greenland Pirates whup up on the West Fork Tigers in their season opener. Gotta love high school football. Then on Saturday, the Hogs play. Big weekend for football.

Okay, I suppose I'll get back to business now. There is less than two weeks to go for the early decision deadline for the Master of Accountancy and the final application deadline for the MBA. Be sure all admissions documents are submitted by September 15th. Students will receive decisions by October 15th.

No comments: