Monday, April 27, 2009

Big Day for the GSB Tomorrow

Walton MBA Director, Dr. Alan Ellstrand, and I will be traveling to Little Rock tomorrow for the awards ceremony for the Governor's Cup (the Donald W. Reynolds Small Business Plan Competition). The Graduate School of Business has done very well at this competition in the past. In fact, last year we won 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. First place is a $20,000 prize, 2nd place is $10,000, and 3rd place is $5,000. These winning teams did advance to a tri-state competition in Las Vegas where the Arkansas 2nd place winner ended up winning the $25,000 prize.

We are expecting to do just as well tomorrow. I will be taking pictures and when I am back in the office on Wednesday, I will post the results.

Weather update - it's rainy today. In fact, we are in for some pretty bad storms later and it is supposed to be wet all week. Ick! I know we need the rain but rain for an entire week is not going to be pleasant. It's really going to interfere with my son's T-ball schedule.

No comments: