Monday, April 6, 2009

Crazy weather in Fayetteville

I went to sleep in April and woke up in January. It was a blistery 33 degrees when I came into work this morning. Brrrrrrrrr. I had to fight with my 5 year old son to get him to wear the "heavy" coat. He does not like his "heavy" coat and would rather wear hoodies and jackets. My daughter is nearly 12 (her birthday is the 29th) and I pretty much just let her wear what she wants. Everyone knows that parents can't make 12 year olds wear coats. And tonight my son has soccer. Good times.

To see what some Walton faculty members think of the current economic crisis, check this story out: http://researchfrontiers.uark.edu/14589.php.

The first admissions committee meeting for MBA and MMBA will be held next Wednesday, April 15th. If you are able to submit all of your admissions materials by this Friday, the 10th, we will be able to take your file to committee. If you have applied and are anxious to find out the committee's decision, you can email me at rcsmith@walton.uark.edu the afternoon of the 15th and I will let you know their decision.

Don't forget to go to gsb.uark.edu to chat live with me.

No comments: