Thursday, April 23, 2009

Wow, Spring has hit with a vengence.

I have to confess that the reason there was no post yesterday was because I took the day off for some much needed rest and relaxation. I did take my daughter to the doctor and when I walked outside into the glorious sunshine, I could not believe how warm it was. Yesterday in Fayetteville it was well into the 80s. Spring in Northwest Arkansas can be very confusing. It can be cold and rainy one day (which it has been frequently this season), followed by nice mellow 60s and 70s. Well, it decided to jump on ahead into the 80s. I am not complaining. It was just a surprise. We get lots of these in this area when it comes to the weather. Today is another gorgeous day. Ah, spring fever.

Enough about the weather. If you have been reading the student blogs, you know they are crazy busy. There are two weeks left before Commencement. Classes are nearly over and our two graduating MBA students, Dave Alderson and Helen Gunsaulis, will be closing out their blogs very soon. I will miss them and the other 30 graduating MBA students.

On Friday, May 8 we will be hosting our annual Graduation Party. This is one of my favorite events. All of our graduating students from all programs attend with their families. The atmosphere is very festive. The next day is Commencement. It's a great way to wrap up the year.

Let's see, what is going on with Admissions? We are trying to finalize acceptances for MIS and MAcc. We do still have a few students who have not responded yet indicating their intent to attend. I'll be working on these the next couple of days. We are also continuing with our MBA and MMBA applications.

If you are interested in either MBA program, it is not too late to apply. Go to gsb.uark.edu to begin the process. Also, MAcc will accept late applications.

It is a good time to consider grad school. Be sure to email gsb@walton.uark.edu with questions.

No comments: