Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Forbes ranks Fayetteville area 2nd among "The Best Cities for Recession Recovery"

The Fayetteville-Springdale-Rogers metropolitan statistical area ranks second among "The Best Cities for Recession Recovery," compiled by Forbes magazine last week.

The region includes Benton, Washington and Madison counties in Arkansas and McDonald County in Missouri. It ranks high for its relatively low unemployment rating, potential growth of gross domestic product, housing affordability and the presence of major employer Wal-Mart Stores Inc.

Topping the list was the Austin-Round Rock region of Texas, which boasts computer giant Dell and a diverse group of other employers.

For the complete story, go to:
http://www.nwanews.com/adg/News/262123/

As I mentioned yesterday, I will be out of the office beginning tomorrow and I will return next Tuesday, June 23. I am sure I will have much to talk about when I get back. Tune in then.

No comments: