Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Where has the summer gone?

I can't believe it is already June 30. Today I will be running my year-end reports. This is when I see if all of my hard work has paid off. From my prospective student data base, I will run reports for each of our master's and PhD degree programs. I then compare these numbers with those from last year. In a perfect world, I will see an increase in prospects for all programs. Cross your fingers.

July is around the corner, literally. July 10th we are hosting our second annual Summer MBA Open House and Social. We held this summer event for the first time last year and were pleased with the success. I am hoping it's even better this year. The Open House will be at 5:30 in 403 Willard J. Walker Hall. This portion of the evening is for any prospective MBA student. We will explain the admissions process and then go into detail about each of our MBA programs. The Summer Social will be 6-8 at Powerhouse-a great restaurant located just off Dickson, which happens to be just down the street from Willard J. Walker Hall. As soon as we are finished with the Open House, we will join the Social already in progress. The Social is for current, former, new, and prospective MBA students. This is a great chance to get a good "feel" for the Walton College and our MBA. It also gives our current students a chance to hang out and enjoy each other's company away from an academic setting. We will be hosting this event each semester also.

At the end of July and into August we will be conducting all of our new student Orientations. My colleague, Deb Williams, spearheads these events but we all chip in to welcome our new students and to make sure everything runs smoothly. Here is a schedule:

July 30 - Master of Arts in Economics, PhD Accounting, PhD Economics, and PhD Finance
August 10 - Master of Information Systems (full and part-time)
August 13-16 - Managerial MBA
August 18-19 - Master of Accountancy
August 20 - PhD Information Systems, PhD Management, PhD Marketing

Classes begin August 24. It'll be here before we know it.

No comments: