Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Great day at Missouri Southern

Today I attended Missouri Southern's Career Fair. Joplin is only about 1 1/2 hours north of Fayetteville. Due to the proximity, this is a good fair for us. We get students from here every year. I was so busy that I ran out of brochures. This is a good problem to have. It means the interest was high. I am hopeful that I'll be able to get a few more students for 2010.

Marion, the GSB Assistant Dean, headed off to Dallas today. She is attending a conference on part-time MBA programs. I was supposed to go also but because of my sick child, I decided it would be best if I stayed home. I am excited about what she will learn and am looking forward to the materials she'll bring back. There are some great programs attending so I am sure there will be much to learn.

Speaking of my sick kid, he is running a fever again. This began on Sunday so I decided it was time to make a call to the doctor. I left a message with her nurse and am awaiting a return call. I am hoping I can take him in tomorrow. This is a persistent little virus. I do not think he has the flu. His only symptoms are his low grade fever and lack of appetite. He doesn't have his usual energy although even at partial energy level, he's a handful. Since I was in Joplin today, daddy was on duty. I had the day off but I'll return to the trenches tomorrow. He's on the injured list as long as his fever persists.

I'll keep my schedule updated here. I plan on going into the office tomorrow so I can catch up on phone calls and get a few things done. He'll be with me so I'll be sequestered in my office. No need to expose others. I won't stay long because there is only so much a 5 year old little boy can do in my office.

No comments: