Friday, October 2, 2009

We've survived another week

I am so very glad today is Friday. We are experiencing beautiful fall weather in Fayetteville. The trees are beginning to change. It is currently a sunny 57 degrees. The weekend is supposed to be beautiful. My mom is coming to visit. She'll be here this afternoon. She lives in Bartlesville, Oklahoma.

Tomorrow is a huge day for the Razorbacks. They will meet Texas A&M at the new 1.2 billion (yes, I said, "billion") dollar stadium in Dallas. The Hogs have gotten off to a rough start. Unfortunately, the season doesn't get any easier. In the next three games we face off against Auburn, Florida, and Ole Miss. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Speaking of the fabulous new stadium in Dallas, I should mention Jerry Jones. Jerry Jones is the owner of the Dallas Cowboys and he is a former Razorback football player and an alum of the Walton College. He will be honored by the Walton College this year as he is inducted into the Arkansas Business Hall of Fame. For more details about this and to learn who else will be inducted this year, visit http://dailyheadlines.uark.edu/15742.htm.

Next week is going to be busy for me. On Tuesday, I'll be at Walmart's ISD recruiting for our part-time programs. I'll be in Joplin on Wednesday at Missouri Southern's Career Fair. I then head to Dallas for a conference and I'll be there through Friday. Hope to see you on the road.

No comments: