Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Back at work after a long weekend.

This is my first day back in the office since last Wednesday. Well, my first full day since I did meet a student here yesterday. She was in town for the holiday weekend, visiting friends. She wanted to meet to discuss the Master of Accountancy. The visit went well so I hope she will be applying for next year's class - to begin in fall 2010.

Yesterday the Walton College held a Staff Development Day. We met off-site to regenerate, brainstorm, and enjoy time together out of the office. This is important and it always helps me really appreciate what a great place the Walton College is. The Walton College is the 24th ranked (by U.S. News & World Report) public school of business in the nation. This does not happen by itself. It takes a dedicated, hard-working team of staff and faculty.

This last Monday was Memorial Day. For my international readers, this is a holiday in which we (Americans) honor those who have died for our country. The University was closed on Monday and since I also took last Thursday and Friday off, I have had a very nice, long weekend. I did take some pictures at the park on Saturday but I forgot to bring my camera. I'll share them tomorrow.

Now I am back in the office and my main priority today is to catch up on my email. I will prevail.

No comments: