Thursday, May 14, 2009

If you look closely, you may see webbed feet and gills!

I know I have been saying this and saying this, but I am sooooooo tired of the rain. It is mid-May and still very rainy. The temperature varies from cool and damp to hot and muggy. I am not very fond of either. I must have webbed feet and gills by now. My poor son, who is five years old, has had three T-ball games rained out. Everything is wet and muddy. It really stormed during the night last night but apparently I am so accustomed to the sounds by now that I just slept right through it.

My colleague Regena (our offices are side by side and she processes all of the application materials) has a bit of a bug right now. Not swine flu but she is congested and generally not feeling well. She was out of the office yesterday and is out today and tomorrow. Hopefully she'll be good as new when she comes back on Monday. I really don't want whatever it is that she has.

I will be taking a little time off next week - Thursday and Friday. I am planning on resting, relaxing, and maybe taking in a movie or two. There are some really good ones out right now and getting ready to come out. I need to check out the new Star Trek movie and I am a very big Terminator fan. I did read Angels and Demons so I should probably try to see it too. I also have a million hours of primetime TV on my DVR that I need to get caught up on. All of these season finales are piling up.

I have a confession to make. My guilty summer pleasure will be starting on Monday. I probably shouldn't admit to this but I really do love So You Think You Can Dance. People with talent amaze me - whether it is vocal, piano, dance, etc. I find this show to be truly inspiring. These young people work so hard - they really give it their all. They are not afraid of work and I admire that.

Okay, enough about me. Tomorrow I'll try to write something more interesting - upcoming events or something.

No comments: