Thursday, December 10, 2009

About Last Night...

I just had a reader send me an email stating that he hoped I'd write about last night's Christmas party. I figure I'd better make the readers happy so here you go.

It was bitterly cold out last night but we ventured forth in expectation of seeing Santa, eating yummy treats, and enjoying the camaraderie of colleagues. My son did tell Santa his Christmas list - mission accomplished. He was also able to see several friends from preschool. He is in kindergarten now but several of my colleagues' children attended preschool with Jack. He was having such a good time that he did not want to leave.

When we headed out of the party, we were anxious to get back home to our cozy fire. I love having a fire when it's cold out. On the way home, we detoured through the Fayetteville Square to enjoy the Lights of the Ozarks. I know that I have mentioned this before but Christmas is my favorite holiday. I can't say it's my favorite time of year because I am not a huge fan of cold weather. If Christmas were in June, it'd be perfect! Okay, maybe not because a white Christmas is something special. Those of us in this area do associate Christmas with cold weather. We expect to need to bundle up, start a fire, etc. I am sure it wouldn't be the same if I lived in a climate that was warm in December. I digress, this holiday is my favorite for many reasons. 1) I love giving presents. 2) The kids (and I) are so excited. 3) There are lots of parties and I am a bit of a social butterfly. And 4) I do love the Christmas lights. It's a very festive time of year.

Okay, that's about it. I do have more parties coming up. The GSB Christmas party is next Tuesday. That should be a good time too. I'll be sure and tell you all about it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, Rebel. I am coming, the reader sent you the email....

I think my Chinese name must make you confused. Actually, I am a girl.Your son sounds like so cute. I like kids so much.

It will be my first Christmas in America this year. The most impressive is the light on the streets are so beautiful.

--Chunyan