Monday, December 7, 2009

Today is December 7th

Today is December 7th, which in 1941 was the day Pearl Harbor was bombed. This day holds special significance in my family because it is also the day my grandparents got married. They heard the radio broadcast that morning prior to their ceremony. Not long after their wedding, my grandfather went overseas to serve and my grandmother, who was only 18 at the time, enlisted in the Navy and served in Washington DC. There were apart for 3 years. I have always been very close to my grandmother so this day touches me deeply.

Back to business. On Friday, December 4 the Graduate School at the University hosted an Open House here in Willard J. Walker Hall. We had a great turnout for this event. The next Grad School Open House will be on Friday, April 9. The next Graduate School of Business Open House is scheduled for Thursday, March 11 at 5:30. You are welcome to attend either event.

This week wraps up the fall schedule for students. Finals start on Thursday. Spring classes begin on Monday, January 11. At this point, everyone is looking forward to the holiday break.

No comments: