Wednesday, December 23, 2009

My Kids Can't Hardly Stand It

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve. This means that Santa is coming to our house tomorrow night. My son is sooooooo excited. My daughter, who is 12, tries to be cool but she is excited too.

The University is now closed and will be until January 4. I am keeping up with emails but other than that, GSB admissions are on hold for a few days. Since this is the case, I won't have anything new to report regarding the Walton Graduate School of Business until after the Holiday break. MBA Orientation is January 4-8. I'll have much to write about that week.

The trip to Hot Springs went well. We had a good time - did lots of kid activities including an alligator farm, roller skating (my son's first time-I have bruises on my shins from his skates to prove it), and a trip to the science museum. The kids had a great time here (my mom and I did, too).

As I mentioned previously, my goal is to read as much as possible during this break. My daughter recently read Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins and she is now reading the sequel, Catching Fire. She has been bugging me for awhile to read them too so now that I have the time, I finally broke down and read them. One of my favorite things in the world to do is read. Zoey loves these books. They were very entertaining and I couldn't put them down - definitely page turners. They did not take a great deal of time; I started Hunger Games on Monday and finished Catching Fire this morning. If you want to know what the kids are reading these days, I would recommend these books. It is a trilogy so there will be one more book. Zoey and I have also read the Twilight series (Zoey hasn't read the last one yet) and she likes the Suzanne Collins books better. I, however, prefer the Stephnenie Meyer books. You won't go wrong with either series.

My next goal is the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. I have read Outlander and listened to two of the other books on CD while I have been on the road recruiting. A couple of new ones have come out recently so I need to start at the beginning again to refresh my memory before I read the last two. I also highly recommend this series. They are wonderful.

Happy Holidays. The next couple of days will be pretty busy at my house. We may actually have a white Christmas this year. That would be nice.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas!

It is really a white Christmas. I am excited,too.