Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Tis the Season

With Christmas right around the corner, it is a little insane around here. Students are finishing up their finals today. This week has been surprisingly busy for recruiting. Everyone is trying to finish their shopping and we are partying til we drop. Our office Christmas party was last night. GSB Assistant Dean, Marion Dunagan, had us over to her house. She fed us well and I am a little sleepy and dragging just a tad today.

When I got home last night I had to help my daughter study for 2 semester tests. I have been in touch with her (she texted me) and I know one went very well and the other, not so much. We'll have to wait and see how it affects her grade. She has 3 more tests tomorrow and then 1 on Friday. She is in 7th grade and it's her first time to take semester tests. She's not thrilled with the whole process.

I will be out of the office beginning tomorrow. I'll be back January 4th. MBA Orientation is January 4-8. This week is very busy but I absolutely love it. It's the culmination of many, many months of hard work for our entire staff. Our students are finally here and it's great to finally meet everyone and to see the results of all the work. Believe it or not, applications are already rolling in for January 2011. It'll be here before we know it.

I want to wish everyone Happy Holidays. We are actually taking a quick weekend trip to Hot Springs. Other than that, I'll finish my shopping, wrap everything, and do A LOT of reading. This is my favorite pastime. I read every chance I get and I plan to do lots of it over the Holiday.

No comments: