Wednesday, December 9, 2009

It's a sunny 25 degrees!

Wow, it's cold today. When I woke up this morning, it was 18 degrees. It has made it up to 25 degrees now. This is pretty cold for Northwest Arkansas. We even had some snow this morning. It has stopped and there is no evidence of it. Fayetteville does get some very cold temperatures but they don't last long. It can be bitterly cold one day and sunny and nice the next.

Today is Dead Day. For those of you unfamiliar with this term, there are no classes today and finals start tomorrow. It gives students a day without classes to get ready for their final exams. There has been a tradition in the Walton College that goes back several years now - Dead Day Soup Day. The Undergraduate Programs Office brings soup on Dead Day (fall semester) to share with faculty and staff in the College. They had over 20 soups, desserts, and drinks. It was fantastic. Nothing is better than some hot soup on a cold day.

Tonight is the Walton College Christmas party. I am still full from all the soup I ate at lunch. Somehow I'll manage to find room for some more wonderful treats tonight. I asked my son, who is 5, what he was going to tell Santa he wanted for Christmas tonight. He told me, "7 Nerf guns, bakugan, and a sword." I guess he's in a bloodthirsty stage right now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I also noticed the snow, too ^ ^