Friday, February 13, 2009

Week in review...

It is Friday and I am back in the office. It has been a very busy week for recruiting. Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday were spent at career fairs getting the word out about graduate school to undergraduate students. On Wednesday, I met a prospective MMBA student and one of our MBA alumnus for lunch. Today, a visiting PhD student is on campus AND I am meeting a Professional MIS student for lunch. Boy, am I glad it's Friday. I have got to find time to get Valentine's for my kids.

I wanted to share more pictures from our Career Fair here at Walton College. We are the only College on campus with our own Career Development Center (CDC). The other Colleges (Architecture, Agriculture, Arts and Sciences, Education, and Engineering) all share the University's Career Center. We are very fortunate to have an exceptional staff in our CDC. They work very diligently with our master's level students helping them to secure placement. A Career Fair is held once each semester. There are also smaller, more specific opportunities held throughout the year.

Next week I am sticking pretty close to the office. We have an information session in Rogers on Tuesday evening and then our GSB Open House is on Thursday. If you are near either location and would like to attend, please RSVP to gsb@walton.uark.edu.

No comments: